- To develop managerial and leadership skills while becoming knowledgeable about the poultry industry, Sanderson Farms, Inc., and its various divisions and vehicle maintenance positions.
- Training for and performing duties of division fleet maintenance personnel including, but not limited to, Shop maintenance supervisor and Shop clerk.
- Developing effective management and leadership skills necessary to perform vehicle maintenance functions.
- Become proficient in the company’s methods of operation and familiar with the goals and policies of the company and the divisions and their interrelationship.
- Perform staff or managerial position duties as assigned to maintain maximum efficiency in the vehicle maintenance department, and do so in accordance with current position descriptions for those jobs/duties.
- Perform those specific special assignments as may be required in an accurate and timely manner.
- Two year associate’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience in the technical field
- Physical – Must be able to do the following:
- Lift items weighing 50 lbs; Remain on their feet for 8 hours at a time; Bend at the waist, squat and reach overhead; Work in cold temperatures, outside during summer temperatures, in wet conditions and/or in dusty conditions; Reside within a 30 minute radius of worksite; Possess CDL or be able to attain CDL status during training period