- Supervises and coordinates production, freezing/chilling, pre-price inventories and shipping.
- Provides leadership for first line supervisors to meet their strategic objectives.
- Supervises and maintains quality of product produced.
- Monitors plant housekeeping and maintains the physical assets of the company.
- Assures that orders are covered on a timely basis and shipped accordingly.
- Checks ice pack, chill pack and frozen inventories and takes necessary steps to assure rotation and proper desired inventories.
- Coordinates trucking with sales department.
- Trains and provides leadership for supervisors.
- Controls supply waste and monitors packaging supply quality.
- Selects and terminates immediate subordinates.
- Assists Freezing, Pre-price and Shipping Manager in making recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Coordinates production, freezing and chilling, pre-pricing, packing and shipping.
- Keeps maintenance informed of mechanical problems and assures machinery is working properly.
- Responsible for yearly budget.
- Counsels all subordinates both salaried and hourly.
- Monitors labor cost and overtime and assures proper staffing.
- Creates and maintains a safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Academic: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Two to three years of experience in a poultry processing packing and shipping area or equivalent experience.