- Administers medical treatment and assistance to all employees for occupational and non-occupational illnesses and injuries in the area.
- Provides for and/or assistance in such areas as new hire physicals, insurance claims (group and workers compensation), company benefits, hazard communication, weekly, monthly and yearly reports related to safety and health matters, and maintains the necessary records.
- Provides for safety inspections and reports in the processing areas and elsewhere when requested.
- Administers first aid treatment as necessary to injured processing and production employees.
- Maintains individual and daily logs of employee visits including nature of injury or illness, department, treatment administered and time.
- Provides for physicals on newly hired employees by reviewing medical history sheets, getting a base line audiogram, temperature, blood pressure, etc.
- Compiles the weekly safety and health report and monthly total report.
- Maintains contact with employees on leaves of absence regarding status and progress.
- Maintains Hearing Conservation Program to meet OSHA standards to include baseline and annual audiograms, recordkeeping, issuing hearing protection and explaining program to employees.
- Orders medical supplies.
- Keeps OSHA log up-to-date.
- Completes required paperwork on all Workers’ Compensation and OSHA recordable accidents.
- Works with Sanderson’s claims supervisor and the insurance company’s adjuster to administrate employee worker’s compensation claims.
- Assists in keeping the health department informed of any problem areas.
- Issues medical supplies and hearing protection as needed.
- Serves on the Safety Committee and suggests topics for safety training, reporting any violation of safety rules and unsafe acts.
- Assists with the safety contest including team assignments and disqualifications.
- Makes in-plant safety inspections and reports findings.
- Visits production facilities periodically to promote safety program, assists with health problems and performs inspections.
- Performs related work as required.
- Academic: Licensure by state as RN.
- Experience: Three years nursing experience in hospital or industrial setting.