- Performs supervisory duties at production and anywhere needed within the company.
- Must be willing and able to work when and where needed.
- Performs supervisory role as assigned in accordance with assigned position’s current job description and functions
- Supervises contract pullet, breeder or broiler growers in accordance with company grower contract
- Checks progress on each assigned flock and makes timely corrections as good poultry husbandry suggest
- Monitors flock health and administers medications and vaccines prescribed by the Corporate Veterinarian
- Responsible for proper operation of company assigned vehicle as outlined in the company’s policies, rules and procedures
- Supervises and coordinates the maintenance, clean-up and sanitation of the hatchery building and equipment, hatching process, chick delivery, egg handling and sets, record keeping and hatchery personnel
- Prepares work schedule, sets priorities and assigns tasks, supervises and coordinates work of maintenance, security, transfer and clean-up personnel, egg and chick drivers and hatching personnel.
- Controls cost of labor and approves time cards
- Conducts necessary hatchery training and safety meetings
- Supervises the delivery and pick-up of feed orders to and from poultry farms as well as controls cost of labor and equipment used in efficiently delivering feed
- Directs and applies an effective safety program that includes monthly inspections and safety meetings
- Supervises the unloading process to ensure all incoming ingredients are of the expected quality and are properly unloaded into bins
- Approves time cards
- Academic: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience:Three years management experience