- Reports to the General Counsel and provide support to the Company’s needs as it relates to litigation and risk management.
- Collects, reviews, organizes, and tracks documents related to production in litigated matters, responding to subpoena requests, and responding to other document requests.
- Maintains and updates recipient list and circulate Company litigation hold notices.
- Maintains and updates a master list of Company confidentiality agreements/non-disclosure agreements and maintain a database of signed confidentiality agreements/non-disclosure agreements.
- Coordinates claims administration with the insurance company and division management.
- Assists and supports the General Counsel and the Risk Management Department as it relates to all areas of workers’ compensation matters and litigated matters
- Assists the General Counsel and the Risk Management Department will all litigated matters.
- Assists the Risk Management Department with the Company’s background checks.
- Works with the legal counsel in cases of litigation to protect the Company’s interest.
- Assigns workers’ compensation and Texas Injury Benefit Plan claims to legal counsel.
- Assigns auto claims, products liability, and other litigated claims to legal counsel.
- Works with Company nurses, Claims Supervisors, and insurance company adjusters to administer employee Worker’s Compensation and TX Injury Benefit Plan claims.
- Responsible for maintaining certificates of insurance.
- Executes appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims service.
- Performs related work as required.
- Academic: BS degree in Paralegal Studies or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience: At least four years’ experience as a paralegal or similar role