- Ensures the protection of assets and provides financial and cost information through development of effective accounting auditing and information systems.
- Analyzes financial data and prepares financial reports.
- Provides administrative help and leadership to accounting personnel and management staff (corporate and division).
- On a daily basis, supervises and assists all staff members with their duties, reviews all reports, payments, invoices and follows through on deviations or questions raised.
- Reviews weekly sales journals, production comparison reports, inventories, supply cost, and payroll functions.
- Attends all production meetings at division level and provides statistics and financial data.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, journal entries, production reports.
- cost reports
- safety and vehicle reports
- equipment repair costs
- plant comparisons
- Supervises year-end inventory with auditor to verify count.
- Selects trains and terminates accounting personnel.
- Prepares work papers for Agri-metrics audit.
- Coordinates company insurance claims with carriers.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Academic: Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Three years of experience in accounting in poultry industry or related area.