- Provides leadership and supervises the production of broilers.
- Provides consultation and direction necessary to enable broiler supervisors and others to produce broilers.
- Performs administrative duties in preparing and maintaining records, reviewing reports and following through on deviation from expected results.
- Directs strategic operational plans in broiler production.
- Directs broiler supervisors and others in carrying out approved grow out program.
- Performs administrative duties in preparing and analyzing reports and records.
- Prepares broiler production budget.
- Actively pursues acquisition of information and/or skills related to the management of broiler production.
- Directs spray truck operation.
- Directs the delivery of litter material to pullet, hen and broiler farms.
- Cooperates with Catch and Live haul Department in scheduling catch and live haul operations.
- Manages the training experience of broiler supervisors and others to continually improve knowledge and skills in successful broiler grow out.
- Actively recruits and enlists prospective broiler growers as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, science or business or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Five years progressive experience as broiler supervisor or equivalent experience.