- Provides leadership and supervises the production of baby chicks and hatching eggs.
- Provides consultation and direction to enable Hatchery and Breeder supervisory personnel to produce chicks and eggs.
- Performs administrative duties in preparing and maintaining records, reviewing production and hatch reports and following through on deviations from expected results.
- Directs strategic operational plans in hatching egg and chick production.
- Directs Hatchery Superintendent, Breeder Supervisors, and Pullet Supervisors in carrying out approved Hatchery-Breeder programs.
- Prepares budgets.
- Actively pursues acquisition of information and/or skills related to the management of a Hatchery-Breeder operation.
- Selects and terminates Breeder and Pullet Supervisors and Hatchery Superintendent.
- Manages the training experience of Breeder and Pullet Supervisors and Hatchery Superintendent to continually improve their knowledge and skills for successful hatching egg and chick production.
- Actively recruits and enlists prospective Breeder and Pullet Producers.
- Projects hatching egg needs and egg sets and books breeder pullet placements and arranges for growing and production facilities to meet these needs.
- Academic: B.S. degree in agricultural science or business or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Five years progressive experience in working with hatcheries, breeder pullets, breeder hens or broilers.